ABSTRACT SUBMISSION HAS BEEN CLOSED!
Call for abstracts
The Organizing Committee invites authors to submit abstracts to be considered for inclusion in the programme.
Authors must follow the guidelines for abstract submission set out below. Abstracts not conforming to these guidelines will not be considered.
Abstract Submission Deadline
The abstract submission deadline is
February 15, 2020 February 24, 2020 at 23:59:59 PST.
Find the important dates here.
Method of Submission
• All abstracts must be submitted only via the online form that is accessible in the User zone - on-line forms
• Abstracts sent by e-mail cannot be considered.
• The submitting author of the abstract must be a presenting author ("the submitting author = the presenting author").
• The submitting (= presenting) author does not have to be the first author.
• Authors can edit submitted abstracts at any time before the submission deadline. After the submission deadline, the abstracts will be locked and it will not be possible to edit them.
• All correspondence concerning the abstract will be sent to submitting author’s e-mail address.
• Authors will be notified about the receipt of their abstract by e-mail immediately. In case you will not receive confirmation within 24 hours, please check your spam folder. In case of no confirmation e-mail, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Each participant can be a presenting author of only one oral presentation and one poster or of two posters. This rule might have justified exceptions (e.g., keynote lectures).
• All presenting authors must be paid registrants at the Meeting. The contribution will only be included in the book of abstracts and in the program if the presenting author has paid his/her registration by the early bird registration deadline (31 March 2020).
• The oral presentation can be moved to poster by the organizing committee and session’s convener(s), according to reviewing process.
• It is possible to change the presenting author at short notice in case of unforeseen absence from the conference.
• The contribution will be removed from the program if the presenting author is not present at the conference.
• The organizers can cancel a session or a theme if a minimum number of abstracts is not reached. In that case submitted abstracts will be moved to a similar session, if possible, or to the Open Theme.
• The abstract text is considered final as submitted. Grammar and style as well as clarity of the message are the sole responsibility of the author(s).
• The final decision on acceptance or rejection of an abstract is made by the organizing committee.
• Submitted abstracts must represent original work of the authors. Authors should strictly conform to the ethics in publishing.
Abstract Submission Instructions
• Abstracts have to be written in English.
• Make sure the submitting author's name and e-mail address are filled in correctly - these contact details will serve for further correspondence with the author(s).
• Authors should suggest their preferred form of presentation (oral or poster) but the final form of presentation will be decided by the organizing committee and session’s convener(s).
• The author may select the scientific session he/she prefers but the presentation could be moved by organizing committee if the session is cancelled.
• The abstract submission form is very straightforward and submission should be easy to complete without special instructions. Some explanatory notes are given below the fields to be filled in.
• Title: Make the title of the abstract brief, clearly indicating the nature of the investigation. Use a capital letter for the first letter in the title only (DO NOT capitalize each word). Maximum of 15 words.
• Names of the authors: Submit full given name(s) and a full family name. Do not include degrees or professional titles.
• The length of the abstracts should not be more than 500 words.
• An abstract must be in plain text format (i.e. no subscripts, no superscripts, no italics etc.) without any special characters.
• Tables and pictures cannot be included in abstracts.
Each oral presentation will be 15 minutes, including time for questions and discussion. Contributions should be prepared in MS PowerPoint or PDF format. Each session room will be equipped with a computer with projector, pointer and a microphone (large rooms).
A dedicated space will be provided for poster presentations. For each poster, individual freestanding display boards will be allocated. The poster boards will be numbered by the organizers. Maximum poster size will be limited by the size of the panel:
180 cm (height) x 97 cm (width). To ensure good legibility of the poster, we recommend a portrait layout with maximum size of 100 cm (39.40 inches) in height and 95 cm (37.40 inches) in width. Fixing material (pins and stickers) will be available in the poster area and conference staff will be available to assist you during the time of poster mounting.
If you have any questions regarding abstract submission, please contact email@example.com. We will be happy to assist you.