Important note, mainly for session, field trips and workshops conveners planning special volumes
The following information should be included in the proposals of the special sessions:
- Clear and concise title.
- Main convener's and co-conveners' name, affiliation and corresponding email address.
- Special session abstract, which should not exceed 1300 characters and should include an overview of the topic, its significance and the rationale for the proposed session.
Please note that:
- Acceptance is not guaranteed, all proposals will be reviewed by the organizing and scientific committees and notifications will be sent out by November 30, 2020.
- Session conveners will be asked to assist in the abstract review process and to take on other responsibilities associated with session organization, such as final decision on presentation format of submitted abstracts.
- The committee reserves the right to cancel or merge special sessions in case there is a too low number of submitted abstracts.
- Any publications arising from sessions, field trips or workshops at the meeting shall first be offered for publication in the journals (Sedimentology, Basin Research, The Depositional Record) or Special Publications of the IAS. If the Editors should decline the offer, then the meeting organisers or session conveners are free to offer the material for publication elsewhere.